This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant.
- 1. To what extent did you enjoy the insight?
- 2. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
- 3. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
- 4. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
- 5. How well structured was the insight?
- 6. How was the general atmosphere during your insight?
- 7. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
- 8. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
- 9. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
- 10. How valuable was the content in helping you to decide on your future career path?
- 11. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
- 12. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
- 13. How were the networking/ social event opportunities?
- 14. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?
- 15. Would you recommend this insight to a friend?
The three week vacation scheme was a fantastic opportunity and experience into commercial law and allowed me to undertake real work and give presentations to partners and secure a training contract!
The 3 week vacation scheme was firmly set around yourself and all employees at the firm took time to see how you were getting on from trainees to partners and were there to give very sound guidance if it was required.
The guidance was superb if you needed help anyone was on hand to give you advice on what you needed to do whilst leaving you enough to figure it out for yourself which was important on this scheme.
It gave me fantastic skills into commercial law and for my future and I improved in speaking to many members of the firm and was taught how to conduct a meeting and draft documents such as contracts and leases etc.
The insight was well structured although some days I just came in and began work so it is difficult to make it seamless as it was just working. Although the events structured throughout the day went by very smoothly although occasionally over running.
The atmosphere was very nice and relaxed whilst the work ethic increased around deadlines. The employees were in no way over bearing and they were there to give you advice and make sure you enjoy the scheme.
The firm invested hugely in me, they trained me in the day to day work of city law and allowed me to conduct meetings and I was also able to sit in on meetings with clients. They also paid me £275 a week.
The scheme was a fantastic way to find out about a full time role with the firm as you undertook the work they do for 3 weeks and were given a brilliant insight into the company due to seeing through open days in vacation schemes.
The vacation scheme gave me a thorough understanding of the company's culture as I was able to see the day to day work of the firm and the working culture of the firm which was relaxed yet very professional!
They offered a training contract when I finished my vacation scheme so it was incredible in helping me decide on my future career path it gave me an insight into the every day work of city lawyers and the interaction with clients.
I was paid an allowance of £275 a week.
There were many networking opportunities and meeting other employees as you were frequently interacting with trainees, graduate recruitment, associates and partners. Additionally social events after work allowed you to network with employees over drinks.
They were very exciting and a large variety. Mostly it was limited to drinks after work but there were some exciting surprises that you were able to undertake which were very enjoyable however I shall not ruin it for potential vacation schemers!
Through talking to trainees mainly you found out a lot about activities outside of work which varies from sporting teams in competitions, social events and cultural activities which provides for great entertainment outside of work.
Definitely! If you can get on the scheme it is very worth it as you find out so much about your potential future employers and firmly gives the idea of whether a career in city law is for you and can make an informed decision about your future career.
Insight / Vacation Scheme (< 4 Weeks)
Central London and City