Assigned to the London Majors Team, my targets included calling clients in Merrill Lynch, JPMorgan and HSBC who had not been contacted for a long time and setting up visits. I spent a week on the Iberian team, prospecting exporting companies in the Lisbon area by researching and calling large companies who may benefit from a terminal for their FX exposure.
For 8 weeks I was based in JPMorgan equity research to work on a displacement project where I converted analysts' excel spreadsheets by replacing Reuters data feeds with Bloomberg formulas.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was a really fun internship.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The Bloomberg office is full of energy, however the Equity Research floor in JPMorgan where I spent 8 week was silent.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?