This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant.
- 1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
- 2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
- 3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
- 4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
- 5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
- 6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
- 7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
- 8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
- 9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
- 10. What were the perks on your work placement?
- 11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
- 12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
- 13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
- 14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
- 15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I was given lots of work that I took ownership for.
My line manager was very helpful and supportive and I could ask them anything.
Depends on the time in the month. I always had things to do but got busier during month end, quarter end and especially year end.
I took a lot of responsibilities on and ownership of certain tasks.
The skills I gained will definitely help me in my future career, including general finance functions to developing my confidence.
The atmosphere was great, everyone is really friendly and there is always something going on.
In such a big company their are always jobs available and they look highly on previous employees as they know the business. I know several past placement students who are working at Universal now.
As the placement is in London it can be a little expensive.
Just around the corner from Soho
Placement Year (10 Months+)
Central London and City