Audit Summer Intern at Deloitte

Deloitte  is a Top Employer

7.1/10

Working in teams on financial statement audits. Performing work on a number of counts and generally gaining an understanding of businesses.

I thought the internship was a great way to learn more about finance and get a little bit of money during the summer. I think what really makes it stand out was the people that I met. They made the difference.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at Deloitte

Despite being with the firm for only just over a month, whenever I went to any of the socials, lots of graduates and seniors would speak to me and this really helped to make me feel valued there.

My line manager was so helpful and was my main source of pastoral care. I could ask her about anything and most of the time she gave helpful answers.

I was predominantly busy but there was the odd day where I was unassigned. Usually I spent these days sorting out all of my admin, as there was a lot of it. I found the work balance tolerable.

There wasn't too much responsibility given the fact that I was an intern but it was a good experience none-the-less. I also had the chance to take on more work and I feel that they appreciated my proactive way to way.

The skills for life would be the communication skills which were really helped by the many networking opportunities. I would say my speed on Microsoft Excel has also taken a turn for the better!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at Deloitte

The atmosphere was good. It was quiet enough to work without being interrupted but there were places to go for group discussions.

To my knowledge, everything seemed to run smoothly. It was very structured and I feel that it was structured well as we had training initially and then eased into our work.

The company provided knowledgeable seniors to coach me as well as pay for my training and the various social events during the course of the internship.

I was told that I had obtained a graduate job with them shortly after the internship.

Placement students seemed to be like-minded so we often got together after work each week. This was pretty much the story over the few weeks!

London is not the cheapest, but hopefully you should not be too much out of pocket towards the end of the internship. I really recommend getting an Oyster for travel if you intend to live in London.

The nightlife was great where we were! Many bars, pubs and clubs for our perusal in Central London.

There were a few opportunities to get involved with the football team and a few other sports teams. Unfortunately as I was often out of the office I wasn't able to take part.