Allen and Overy Insight Day at Allen & Overy

Legal/Law

This review was written using a previous version of questions that were updated in 2013

Allen & Overy is a Top Employer

6.5/10

6.7
6.4

It was an insightful look into a global law firm, helped me get a better understanding of the culture of the firm.

Others who took on the programme were very cooperative in the workshop sessions that we had - worked cohesively

On the day, I was able to speak to associates, recent graduates who had just joined, even partners! I really admired how open the people were at A&O.

Since it was only an open day, the schedule for that day was very intense - included shadowing a trainee, on top of many presentations about the areas of the firm.

There was very little opportunity to take leadership in any capacity on the day.

As I am near completing a law degree, this really helped me gauge in my mind if I would ultimately want to continue along this career path.

It felt like a really vibrant office, the people that I did not have overly stressed looks about them. Additionally, the location at One Bishops Square was brilliant!

Very ambitious to have packed everything into one day - gave us a full flavour of life at A and O by giving us the nitty gritty details of what it looks for when it considers taking on graduates.

Most of the day was geared towards this. Through mock business scenarios, it was a good indicator of what one who be involved in on a day to day basis

I am looking forward to taking part on the Winter Vacation Programme

Did not really have a chance to socialise with participants outside of the event; from what I saw, it would have been enjoyable!

The office was inbetween Liverpool Street and Brick Lane, so I suppose it counts as East London - thus accommodation in the area should not have been that expensive.

Shoreditch is just a couple of minutes walk from Broadgate - from past experience, this is an excellent place to have fun at night!

There are lots - from what was said on the day. I was especially impressed by the facilities available to the staff on site. This includes a bar, a gym and roof-gardens!