RBC Financial Analyst at Royal Bank of Canada

Royal Bank of Canada is a Top Employer

7.8/10

Product Control, daily P and L for traders, creating commentary and reports,
presentation task

It was a great opportunity within the Finance division to learn a lot more of the functions and the investment bank work environment.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Royal Bank of Canada

My team were extremely helpful and friendly, and provided advice and guidance when needed.

HR and line managers were easily in contact to provide on going support throughout the internship.

I was given various individual projects which would span a different amount of days but there were online learning resources to complete when the work load at times were lower.

I was covering a lot of people' work who were away and also completing important documentation published for the whole of finance.

It was a really fun and enjoyable internship developing both team work skills through group exercises and actual technical knowledge.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Royal Bank of Canada

There was a mix I was placed within a team of different ages and even so got along very well with every member.

Every task was scheduled in our planner before hand and was very structured so we knew where to be on different dates.

Online resources were provided, along with technical and speaker series which have benefited me greatly in learning more about the industry.

There is a good chance if you have performed well but they are a small bank so unfortunately don't take too many even though you have performed extremely well so somewhat unfair.

The students were very friendly across divisions so it was easy to socialise on lunch and coffee breaks.

Expensive, I was renting so that was taking up most of the salary the cost of living and socialising aspect.

We had the opportunity to try a few different bars and restaurants on the internship so it was a great cultural experience too.

Yeah, I played football every week with work colleagues and peers and also there is an in house bar.