Summer Internship at Deloitte

Deloitte  is a Top Employer

7.3/10

7.6

Worked in the audit department where my duties ranged from working on small administrative tasks to liasing with clients whilst at the client site.

I loved it as I felt welcome from the onset. The employees at Deloitte made such a difference and it was great to meet so many enthusiastic individuals.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 13 roles at Deloitte

From the people whom I worked with, I felt valued throughout and even though I was only there for a short amount of time I was made to feel like part of the team.

I was provided with a mentor with whom we would have regular feedback sessions usually over coffee when I was back in the office.

There was the odd day where I found myself not doing too much despite asking for work. I have heard it is generally the luck of the draw as sometimes you will be booked on very busy clients but usually the summer months tend to be quieter.

The responsibility given was adequate but I feel that I could have taken on more responsibility. I mentioned this at my review at the end of the internship and I think they appreciated my honesty.

In terms of skills I feel that I have been equipped with excellent people management skills as I was often working under a couple of managers and I had to learn how to balance their expectations to produce a successful outcome.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 13 roles at Deloitte

I found the majority of people on my floor to be really friendly and helpful which contributed to a pleasant atmosphere.

I was offered my internship relatively late compared to the others and I remember how efficient HR were in ensuring that I received all documents with suitable time to reply.

The company provided us with a few days of intense training initially and also provided a number of speakers during our induction which I can imagine costs the company dearly. In addition, they also provided us with socials, especially the end of placement social which was fantastic.

I was offered a graduate job based on my feedback from engagements. This was the icing on the cake!

The majority of individuals were very sociable and there were plenty of opportunities to network and make new friends.

This was pretty much the only downside. London can be very expensive depending on where your night out takes you.

The nightlife was good but I didn't get to sample as much as I would have liked.

We received numerous emails of sporting leagues and tournaments which we could participate in such as Football and Cricket.