2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
As a member of the audit team, I was made to feel valued straight away as many of the seniors had also not previously done accountancy before so took the time to explain the more difficult concepts for me to grasp.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My line manager was very supportive and genuinely wanted to help where they could. When they couldn't they pointed me in the right direction of someone who could. I was also able to obtain constructive feedback from my seniors on jobs.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There was no standard 9-5 as I was put on clients which were in the middle of their "busy season". This is when there are tight deadlines and during this time I was working longer hours than I would have liked.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was initially briefed and then left alone to get on with the work yet I still had the support of seniors as and when I needed it.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The internship has definitely improved my confidence in dealing with clients. Also my networking skills have been cultivated through meeting lots of new friends along the way.
Imagine yourself working at Deloitte
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Deloitte