Summer Vacation Scheme: Audit at Deloitte

Deloitte  is a Top Employer

7.6/10

Generally assisted the audit team and engaged with clients. Worked on a number of accounts and worked on numerous projects.

I thoroughly enjoyed the internship, it was challenging but I feel that within those few weeks it confirmed my desire to pursue a career in this field of work.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Deloitte

As a member of the audit team, I was made to feel valued straight away as many of the seniors had also not previously done accountancy before so took the time to explain the more difficult concepts for me to grasp.

My line manager was very supportive and genuinely wanted to help where they could. When they couldn't they pointed me in the right direction of someone who could. I was also able to obtain constructive feedback from my seniors on jobs.

There was no standard 9-5 as I was put on clients which were in the middle of their "busy season". This is when there are tight deadlines and during this time I was working longer hours than I would have liked.

I was initially briefed and then left alone to get on with the work yet I still had the support of seniors as and when I needed it.

The internship has definitely improved my confidence in dealing with clients. Also my networking skills have been cultivated through meeting lots of new friends along the way.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Deloitte

When I was in the office, the atmosphere was great, I would sit around the other internship students and we all got along which made the day go much quicker.

On the whole everything went smoothly. There was a bit of confusion initially as to where I would be based but that soon was resolved promptly.

The company invested in giving us initial training which was definitely beneficial. Also they provided opportunities for us to network and social events for all the interns.

I have been successful in obtaining a graduate scheme.

A group of us regularly got together and went out each week and I still keep in touch with the majority of the people I met then.

London isn't the cheapest place to live and work but it all was okay in the end.

I can't fault the nightlife in London at all. Anyone considering a move, it's definitely worth it.

Yes there were a number of activities such as participating in a football club, unfortunately as I was out of the office quite a lot of the time I couldn't take part.