HR Intern at HSBC

Human Resources

HSBC is a Top Employer

7.2/10

I worked on a project which aimed to restructure the internal payments structure.

I gained so much experience, and I had so much responsibility under my shoulders.

I was given the same amount of responsibility as all the other colleagues, in fact after a few weeks some of the staff struggled to remember that I was just an intern.

I met my line manager once every week and I was also provided with a mentor in a different department who advised me on certain issues.

The hours werent too bad although I rarely got to leave the office before 5. I guess if you geninely werent neeeded there then management would have just sent you home.

I was given the responsibiltiy for a large project which I managed myself.

It will help me become more focussed and determined to do well in my studies.

The team was very friendly and we usually went for a dinner every Friday.

I was always kept busy and fully understood the project that I had been given.

I will definetly be applying to HSBC as a graduate employee.

I didn't get to mingle much with the other interns which was a bit of a let down although initially in the placement we did go for drinks.

London is expensive but the salary more than made up for the expense.

It was central London, the nightlife is second to none.

There were plenty of social clubs you could join, I joined the football team and won the inter-department competition.