Dealing with all amendments and questions post booking
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
You take on real responsibility whilst working for Golfbreaks.com. Every day is different and will never be dull. The office has such a good atmosphere and you are working in an open office so you have everyone around to seek advice/help or just to feel the buzz of the office.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
As you work in an open pan office you get to see everyone everyday and a lot of people still go out together outside of work so you get a great social side to the job as well
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
you are given constant training throughout the year and regular one to ones so you are always given new targets
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It varies with the different travel seasons, some months are extremely busy and others are constant flows of work.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility whilst being at Golfbreaks.com. You are treated as a full time employee not just a student. you have the same responsibility that the full timers have.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It gives you a real boost in communication, both written and verbal. Which you can put back into the classroom for your final year back at university.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was very light and a sense of fun in the office
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
There was never a problem in the running of the placement
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
there was constant training throughout the year which kept us moving forward
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
If you do well and work hard there is no reason they won't have you back
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There were regular nights out which were really fun, like being at uni
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived at home for the year so didn't have living costs
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
good, a range of bars and night clubs
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were many FAM trips on offer to go and visit the hotels.