Software Intern at Redgate

Computer Science Information Technology

Redgate is a Top Employer

9.1/10

9.4

Working in small teams we create ingenious simple software, mostly in C# or Java.

I had a fantastic time, a truly amazing company to be a part of.

A great atmosphere where even the smallest of achievements get recognised.

Couldn't have been better, as someone who came into the role rather inexperienced it was good to have a manager that could help me develop my skills at a comfortable pace.

A good work-fun balance, nobody pushing you too hard but there's always something to be getting on with.

Given how inexperienced I was when I started it was refreshing to be given responsibility over a new product, providing input towards its design whilst developing it.

The skills I developed on this placement will prove invaluable in my future career.

Nerf gun battles, table football, table tennis. Need I say more?

My manager did a fantastic job of introducing me to the company and setting me up for the placement.

The company invested a great deal of man hours in guiding me and getting my skills up to scratch for the placement.

The internship was extended by 50% and I was offered a job at the end of it (with a few gifts to boot).

Everyone got on really well with each other, weekly after-work drinks and cinema trips.

Cambridge is not the cheapest place to live or socialise, but the earning potential of the area reflects this adequately.