Summer Intern at EY

Leeds Yorkshire and Humberside

EY is a Top Employer

8.1/10

Daily duties included helping my audit team. This included carrying out substantive audit procedures. I also had the opportunity to work on an administration. I carried out bank reconciliation testing to ensure these were carried out correctly.

It was a fantastic opportunity to get an insight as to what working for EY would be like should I be offered a graduate role.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 24 roles at EY

I was made extremely welcome by my business unit. They involved me in discussions, meetings and also invited me to evening drinks/lunches. They also took time out to help me with any assignment I was working on.

I was given a tremendous amount of support during my internship. Different colleagues helped me during my final assessment process which was an invaluable aid.

Work varied depending on work coming from clients.

After different processes were explained to me, I was expected to carry out these audit processes on my own. I was also asked to liaise directly with clients during an audit engagement.

I was able to develop a variety of skills and also discover skills I did not know I had. I was able to develop my presentation and public speaking skills. I was also able to develop my communicational and inter-personal skills.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 24 roles at EY

The atmosphere is lively and people do have a laugh although it still remains a workplace.

We received emails regularly informing us of timetables for the remainder of the internship.

We were required to complete web based learning exercises.

It is brilliant opportunity to get the CA qualification.

We held several socials during the placement.

I lived at home so I cannot comment. The organised socials were paid for by EY but our own nights out were at a reasonable rate.

Leeds is a really good night out!

There are opportunities but I did not get a chance to take part as the internship was for 6 weeks.