Audit junior at EY

Newcastle North East

EY is a Top Employer

7.1/10

5.2

I worked as a junior on several audit teams for different clients. I carried out tasks such as talking to the client about the accounting processes they have in place and checking that they are being correctly followed. I also asked the client for examples of purchase and sales invoices and checked that they were correctly accounted for. I verified bank balances through inspection of statements and evidence from the banks.

I really enjoyed the placement and thought I was very lucky to be given as much responsibilty as I was. I was able to travel to different places and work in different industries.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 24 roles at EY

I felt like my work was important and my colleagues spent time going through and explaining things so that I understood the work I was doing. I was praised for my work which made me feel valued.

Management were very helpful and made sure I understood what I was doing. Certain members of mgt took time out of their busy schedule to sit with me and talk about their jobs and the work they were doing.

For the majority of the placement I constantly had work to be getting on with and only on a rare occasion would I have less to do.I was given plenty of time to complete work I was given.

I think as a summer intern I was given a lot of responsibility which was motivating and a challenge. I felt like a valued member of team being assigned my own areas of work to complete.

I think that the skills I developed will definitely help me with my future career. the placement gave me an insight into the job and the skills and attributes vital to do the job well. The placement increased my confidence which will help at univeristy and my career. My computer skills were also increased which will prove helpful in my degree and when I start a job.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 24 roles at EY

It was a very busy time in the office and everyone was very focused. It is was quite quiet because lots of colleagues were out at clients sites.

The placement was very organised and each intern was assigned to our clients well before the placement started.

The company spent alot of time making sure that we were exposed to a variety of aspects of the job. We also had regular counselling meetings to check our development and how happy we were.

I really hope I get offered a graduate position as it is a great firm with lots of opportunities.

During the induction week I made lots of friends and was able to socialise lots with the other interns.we have kept in touch and socialised since. During the placement I went out for dinner regularly with the audit teams I was working with.

It was quite costly buying Lunch when working in London but most costs were covered by the company.

I didnt experience the nightlife to a great extent but there were lots of options for dinner when working away.

I wasnt really asked to participate in anything outside of work but it was a very busy time for the office.