- Worked on ANR (Analyst Recommendations Platform) updating Bloomberg’s Analyst recommendations page
-Conducted several Analyst recommendations correction projects ensuring all broker recommendations and target prices were up to date. Using Excel software to get accurate results.
-Dealing with client queries on a regular basis making sure they are fully satisfied.
ï‚§ Keeping up to date on stocks listed on the Middle-Eastern and North African stock exchanges for any corporate actions that may have occurred.
-Keeping up to date with all dividend payouts, rights issues, spin-offs, and mergers and acquisitions of all stocks listed in the MENA region.
-Following several Bloomberg courses: Energy, Fixed Income, Company’s Research, Fixing Price, Earning Estimates, Security Issuance and Eco Stats.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I would like just to add that I had 2 work placement instead of one,and it was exceptional as an experience where I did have a chance to be not only an intern but really part of the team.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Being part of bloomberg team was great given the fact I did manage to integrate the team as soon as I started and I was full encouraged and motivated either in the tasks i was given or even the the extra motivation I did gain through the differenet training.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The management was not only very helpful but actually part of the team.I do not really fell the power or authority drained through the position.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Really busy cause I was starting early in the morning starting some times at 6 and finishing at 6 or 7pm.i was fully involved and managed to deal with the different tasks given in a very quick manner,effectiveness and efficiency.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I did ask for more responsibility cause that is the best way to motivate me.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I did have a chance to put in practice either my management skills as well as accounting.I like being practical and the fact of being involved all the time was just perfect and helped a lot to meet my expectations(Time management,accuracy ,effectiveness and efficiency
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It is true that every is working under pressure but you can fell the motivation and ease of communication among the team.So mainly it was really ambient and pleasent
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Not only I had a chance to be part of the team but I had also a chance to to be fully trained.That means what were very organised.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I had a chance to be fully trained and even to extend my contact.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Bloomberg is a big company and it is always on the move and need to the company's website to see how the opportunies are rising each time.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
we were a group of over 20 students and colleagues and we had really a good time and some of us are still in touch.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
it was somehow fair price.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
it is a very entertaining area and just 20 minutes from west end.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
yes we had many activities such charity work,kids mentoring ,I mean assisting with either languages or different matters such as maths ...