This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant.

3.4/5
  • The Role
    3.1
  • The Company
    3.9
  • The Culture
    3.1

Really helping out anyone in the team who had a lot of work in order to lighten their load. I spent a lot of time out of the office doing site visits as well as measuring buildings. Administrative roles are part and parcel of being an 'intern' but they were never that painful!

• 1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
  • Had a really fun time, and got a real taster of what the industry is like, and i loved it!

• 2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
  • It is always very hard to mix in and bond with your team when you are only there for 4 weeks, but they were really nice and made sure that I had work on.

• 3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
  • All the team helped me and made sure that I was happy in my work. They always answered any questions I ever had.

• 4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
  • One problem with the nature of summer internships is that when you are doing them it is normally a quite time in the business. There was not always a lot of work to do and sometimes there was an element of twiddling my thumbs.

• 5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
  • When I was given work it was generally quite important. When i was taken to viewings I was often given an important role.

• 6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
  • Well I have done my degree and so am therefore looking for work, but this internship has given me great experience and looks great on the CV.

• 7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
  • Really fun team who enjoyed having fun.

• 8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
  • There was a lot of thought that went into the internship and we were well looked after.

• 9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
  • We were given talks on the APC, our qualifications that we are aiming to get in the future, as well as help in constructing our CV's.

• 10. What were the perks on your work placement?

• 11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
  • I would love to work for Savills in the future.

• 12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
  • We tried hard but it was not always easy to get everyone together. We managed it a couple of times however which was good fun!

• 13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
  • I was looked after well

• 14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
  • Not as much as I would have liked but still fun!

• 15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
  • The opportunities were there but during my time very little was on

10th September 2009