Accounting Intern at BDO

BDO is a Top Employer

7.9/10

6.5

Spreadsheets, number crunching, inputting data, reports, calling clients

The placement was ok. I quickly realised that I don't want to do accounting work, so the last few weeks were quite boring since my heart wasn't in it, but in terms of a firm and placement it was good - just the wrong industry personally!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at BDO

Everyone was really nice and friendly. Obviously I lacked the experience of the rest of the team, but I was treated with the same respect as anyone else. I was just lacking on the office gossip in the first few weeks!

Everything was explained in simple steps for me. I don't have an accounting background, but do have some slight knowledge and my manager and team were appreciative. I was treated as if I knew nothing, but it wasn't in a harsh way but just that everyone made sure I knew what I had to do etc.

Not at all, I had about 3 hours work a day and use to just drag this out across the hole day

Not at all really, it was all just simple excel calulcations and data entry to be honest -- however its an internship so you can't expect too much responsibility.

I learnt so much about accounting and the training has set me up nicely for an accounting dissertation. However, I won't be going into accounting at all, so it won't help me personally, but it potentially could of really helped me

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at BDO

Everyone was really chilled out and relaxed. I was working over the Olympics and everyone would be streaming it while at work, or dicussing it. It was a really fun environement to be in - the Euro Champions were on too, so there was a lot of pub talk going on!

It was a case of the team knew I was coming, so a few weeks before I arrived they started putting work towards one side for me. However all the deadlines were beyond my working period so I had a lot of hand over meetings in my last week, as opposed to finishing off projects and seeing the final version/product

The firm train you up really well. This was a really good placement if you want to go into accounting, its just a shame the industry isn't for me

Got a job offer, but I turned it down

We use to go out on Fridays for a few drinks and then onto a club, they were a good bunch. Your training is all together at the start so you get to know everyone across the firm

Amazing - but it is costly in London

London was really expensive, but totally worth it!

There were a few sports events played against the top 4 graduates. The graduates are really sociable and its easy to get yourself invited to their nights out. If you organise something, a ton of people will be up for it.