Equity Research Intern at City Internships

Business Analytics

7.4/10

6.6

5.2

I was tasked with producing financial models of various companies in Sub-Saharan Africa and also had to write up part of a report that was to be sent to clients.

I enjoyed my internship immensely. City Internships found a placement for me that exactly matched my career hopes and interests.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 9 roles at City Internships

I felt extremely valued by my colleagues - they gave me important tasks during my time there and I felt that my contributions were valued.

I was given a lot of support from my internship advisor at City Internships, especially during the interview process. My supervisors at my work were extremely supportive.

I was quite busy most days and had a lot of jobs to do for both of my supervisors. I was never just sitting around doing nothing.

I was given a lot of responsibility as the models that I was creating were being used by my supervisors for their reports. I also wrote part of a report that was going to be sent to clients.

The skills that I developed will help me when I get a job as I intend to work in equity research. It also helped me to shape the direction of specialism for my masters.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 9 roles at City Internships

Whilst everyone worked extremely hard, there was a calm atmosphere in the office and at times, a lot of fun.

There was a lot of work to be done and so I was never left without anything to do.

City Internships invested a lot of time through helping me with interviews and doing CV workshops. My supervisors at company that I worked at were also extremely helpful when I had questions about my career and the best path to take.

I would love to work there but at the time there were no graduate vacancies.

There were always activities at the weekends with other City Internship interns, for example going to the Lake District and Paris. We also to had the opportunity to meet midweek during various seminars and the majority of interns lived in the same place so we could meet up.

As I was working on Baker Street and lived just off Liverpool Street the cost of living was relatively high.

Nightlife was good although by the time I came back from work I was too tired to go out!

Yes, we had weekend trips to the Lake District and to Paris, and a day trip to the beach. We also did some charity work, raising money for Help a Capital Child