Mechanical Intern at Schlumberger

Stonehouse South West
Mechanical Engineering

8.8/10

Carrying out individual projects which included design and testing, and being involved in team tasks and reviews.

I was given very interesting projects to work on which were relevant to my degree and of value to the company. It had a great working environment in terms of both opportunities to learn and socially.

My projects were of great use to the department and my project review meetings were always very well attended by my colleagues. Everyone was happy to help if I had questions or needed advice.

I had regular reviews with my supervisor to discuss project process and any issues I was having. I was always given help and feedback. My supervisor had an open door policy and was always happy to spend time giving me extra help or guidance if I needed it.

I had individual projects which were tailored to the timescale of my internship and so I was kept relatively busy throughout the internship.

I was responsible for defining achievable goals for my projects and amending them based on the project process. I was also responsible for the designing sourcing and testing of my project and so was given a lot of responsibility throughout the internship

The projects undertaken provided a very good application of my skills learned in university. I had a lot of opportunities to practice and develop these skills which will help in my future career.

It was a very sociable atmosphere. I was made to feel very welcome within and outwith the workplace.

The project was tailored to my internship duration and what was achievable within that time, so it was a well structured internship.

Other than having the chance to develop my skills within my discipline I was also given many training courses during my internship to ensure I was trained at an acceptable level to work within the company.

Overall I had a great experience with the company and very much enjoyed the work and the opportunities. I intend to work with this company after graduating

There were many organised social events for the interns. Some were organised personally by the interns and there were also company organised events.

It was more expensive than student living, but as I was earning more this wasn't a problem.

There were many social events taking place during the week and at weekends. There was something to suit everyone's taste

There were many sports clubs that were available along with organised activities such as trips to sporting events and tourist attractions.