Software Developer at Schlumberger

Abingdon - Oxfordshire Europe
Computer Science

8.5/10

9.4

I worked on an algrithm used to update and optimize parameters of an oil reservoir. I Improved its usability, robustness, extensibility and documentation.

Amazing experience on every point of view : interesting and challenging work, good work atmosphere, nice manager, good canteen, possibility to do sports every lunch time, etc.

They showed me that my project was important and that they expected result about that.

My manager did not really help and guide me if I did not ask, but he was always available when I asked him, albeit very busy.

It was up to me. I could have been really busy or really bored "if I wanted to". I was given a task to complete in 4 months, and I was free to organize my work as I wanted to.

In my opinion it was quite a big responsability, because I worked alone on my project and my managers expected results about it, even though they didn't remind me everyday!

I developed skills that are essential for my future jobs.

Really good atmosphere, people were always smiling and ready to help.

This was amazing, everything was planned for the interns.

Schlumberger really cares about its interns.

They seem to value the fact that we have been intern for them and it is more likely that we can get a job later.