Mechanical Engineer Intern at Schlumberger

Placement (5-9 Months)
Southampton South West
Design Electronic and Electrical Engineering Electronics Engineering Manufacturing Physics Product Design/Industrial Design

8.5/10

Responsible for design projects such as temperature control chamber. Lot's of mechanical design and ordering from suppliers, build and test of prototypes. Learned about optics and the sensor products that SFTC develop, contributed to some of the underlyingprincipals of operation.

Overall an excellent employment experience

Most were very appreciative of your presence and efforts

Manager was a very nice guy, but like all managers he's a busy guy! Independent drive is expected and I don't rate this as a bad thing.

Had too pull some long days, not a problem though with interesting engaging work.

I had my own project which I was in charge of and also contributed so many other projects.

Absolutely skills for life, opened my eyes to a global industry and an excellent place to start in oil and gas or otherwise.

People were there to work, but they were friendly and helpful.

I had no problems, the structure for interns was in place, training etc supplied with no problem.

They gave me the funding I needed to run my project when needed, they put me through the standard Schlumberger initial training. Paid bank holidays and holidays (which I had not received from a previous company placement!)

Good chance they'd take me back, great place for a career.

A couple other interns there, nice people!

Pretty cheap rent available in Southampton

decent enough night out, has what you look for in a city!

south England has plenty to offer, make of it what you want!