7.8/10

• The Role
  • Organisation
    8.6
  • Socialising

Program a prototype for seismic interpolation.

2. It was very enjoyable.
    In case of any trouble I could always count on the help of my colleagues and my supervisor.

4. The team was very good to work with. Always an open door and lunch time was always held together and very friendly.

6. My manager found a good balance between micro- and macromanagement.
    I felt to have the freedom I wanted but the guidance I needed.

8. There was a good balance between (free) coffe breaks, work and some time off to spend surfing the web. All in all a very productive environment.

9. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
  10. I was responsible for my own work and developing creative strategies to tackle the objectives of my internship. Yet I was fully integrated in a team and two team members I reported to.

12. This expirience will be an experience for life. Work should always be like this.

14. I don't agree with "fun never stopped" but it was a great experience and the atmosphere was always a good mix of professionalism and friendliness.

15. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
  16. The interns were guided through the rough patches seamlessly. There was a formal introduction and we always got help when needed.

18. There was a lot of time to learn.
    It was highly encouraged to engage in presentations and "Lunch&Learns".

20. Flexi Time

Subsidised Canteen

Sports and Social Club

Company Parties/Events

Working from home

21. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
  22. I am not eligible for employment with my current team yet, since my educational background still needs more development. Other positions would however be an opportunity I can come back to, when I am done with university.

24. We organised some things to do together. However, the heterogenity in starting and end times of different placements made this quite a challenge.

25. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
  26. Gatwick is close enough to London to still not be cheap.

28. Some pubs a trainstation away.

30. There were a couple of things one could do, but you had to take a look around and take care yourself.

Engineering