Control Placement with Mechanical Testing at Lubrizol

DERBY East Midlands
Electronic and Electrical Engineering

Lubrizol is a Top Employer

9.7/10

I worked everyday with Control, Engine build, and Mechanical Test to design, build, fit-in, commission and test multiple control systems and engine set-ups. This involved a lot of circuitory, software, hardware assembly, and other mechanical processes.

My placement year at Lubrizol was the best year of my life. The job working with The Mechanical test department and Control Group at Lubrizol was very educative, practical, knowledgeable and fun!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

The Staff always treated me like family. They gave me a helping hand whenever I needed one and made me picture frames, birthday cakes, gifts and in-general took care of me in a very professional and mature manner. I will never forget them and still stay in contact with them.

I could not have wished for a better supervisor; He was always there when I needed his guidance and he always made me feel relaxed and confident.

It was a perfect balance between working and learning.

I carried out various projects, learnt and improved a lot of new skills and techniques (both personal and related to industry) and this made me become fearless and confident in my own abilities of tackling technical problems and finding solutions important to the company.

My placement was so helpful, It has enabled me to firmly decide to which aspects of my course I would like to focus on; without my placement at Lubrizol I wouldn't have been able to decide such a massive subject.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

Always educative and fun every singe day.

It was adequately organised; I would have loved to go on international work-related trips.

They gave me the chance to be heavily involved in huge company projects; Some of my work was used for big design prototypes being planned by the company.

I haven't got job with them but I'm sure I made an impact on the company and would be considered in the future when I apply.

Perfect social scene. We all got to know each other and organised social night outs and other trips such as rock climbing, bowling, cinema trips and bbqs.

Not much at all.

Brilliant night life in Derby; The city comes alive at night.

Yes Lubrizol organised quite a lot of trips which was very easy and cheap to get invloved in.