This review was written using a previous version of questions that were updated in
Daily talks by professionals within the industry. Shadowing various sectors within the firm. Working in teams amongst fellow interns.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was extremely informative and rewarding, particularly the shadowing.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everybody was so welcoming and happy to share their expertise and knowledge in order to help us.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
They were there every step of the way
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I had a great balance of being able to be involved with work but at the same time I never felt that there was a surplus in any way.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Each of us was very involved in our own particular area of work.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I picked up were not only valuable in application to investment banking, but also skills I will use in all aspects of life. These skills would include professionalism and team skills to name a few.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
I thoroughly enjoyed every task handed out.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The organisation was outstanding, each day was planned out.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Numerous speakers were called in to enhance our development.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I was offered a summer placement, which could potentially lead to a job.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Everybody got on well implying a good social scene outside work.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Not so substantial since there was ample subsidisation.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Numerous bars in the area.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?