Student Chemist in Applied Sciences at Lubrizol

Hazelwood East Midlands
Science/Research

Lubrizol is a Top Employer

7.7/10

Some routine work but mainly a research based placement working on improving engine oil additives.
Also with problem solving, meeting, presentations, a fair amount of computer work.

I had an amazing experience working at Lubrizol and will look back fondly on my time there.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

My opinion was always valued, my supervisor and technology managers would always listen if I had any ideas, thoughts or comments in meetings. My ideas were always considered and many were implemented.

My supervisor made a huge effort to develop my skills throughout the placement.

As with all jobs there are some quiet periods. The majority of the time I was very busy and balancing lots of projects. This was great for developing my organisation skills and in handling deadlines of competing projects.

After the first few months of learning the job I was given plenty of responsibility but help was always there if I needed advice.

A Year in Industry placement will provide you with a huge range of transferable skills which can be used in any job in any sector.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

My office was brilliant. Everybody got on really well and there was a great balance between work and chat.

Pretty well organised.

Health and safety training, Poster presentation and some other training courses were available

There was plenty of opportunity to go out together and have nights out in Derby.

Derby is not the best night out but it has everything you need.

There were plenty of events such as bowling, clay pigeon shooting, go karting and walking trips to scotland.