Press and Public Affairs Assistant at Toyota GB

Surrey, Epsom South East
Internet/e-Commerce/New Media Journalism Media Public Relations

9.2/10

- Accurately answering questions from the media on company activities and products.

- Updating product information, data tables and sales figures on the media website

- Co-ordinate booking and ordering of product photography to support press releases, press website and press office stock.

- Checking published product data.

- Writing basis product press releases.

- Assisting Manager to monitor external media evaluation.

- Assisting Manager with new product launches, including preparation of press material, photography, media invitations and attendance.

-Marshalling of national and regional web cutting services for distribution.

-Production of specification sheets for test vehicles loaned to Press dept.

I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of my placement. Meeting new friends, gaining experience in my chosen field and knowing the industry I would like to peruse a career in.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 8 roles at Toyota GB

I was made to feel like a valued member of the team, rather than 'just the placement student.'

Throughout my placement year I gained support and guidance on every aspect of my job role.
Training on excel, A3 documents alongside daily routines such as the organisation of product launches and events.

Some days I was rushed off my feet, but that is the nature of the job. Every day was different, which is what I enjoyed the most. It meant the day went quick and it helped me feel part of the team, as we would all work together to meet deadlines.

While on placement I was given a wide range of different responsibilities, some of these included organising international launches and events. Dealing with National, Regional and Local journalists; and helping to assist in the creation of a new Media Site.

Transferable skills developed while on placement will put me in good stead when returning to university and future career paths. Skills such as dealing with media enquires I can take into the work place. Organisational skills developed while on placement will be transferred when heading back to university, helping me to manage my reading time more efficiently.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 8 roles at Toyota GB

Within my department the usual atmosphere was relaxed, very welcoming, engaging in activity all the time. Jokes and laughter shared on a daily basis, however as we were all such a tight knitted family the work flow never stopped as we all had individuals deadline to meet.

My placement year was incredibly well organised. Toyota (GB) PLC have been running the scheme for roughly 10 years.

I participated in several training courses while on placement ranging from, health and safety, to excel, and A3 document training.

I would really like to go back to Toyota as a graduate. After my placement year I know the motor industry is where I would like to peruse my future career. While working at Toyota I came to understanding the core principles and values, which I feel represent my current work ethic.

Sports and Social events happen every so often throughout the year, these were always a great opportunity to get to know other colleagues which weren't necessarily students. As 'Students' we also used to spend our lunch times organising nights out for the coming weekend.

Toyota (GB) PLC is based in Epsom, Surrey. Epsom/Surrey is a fairly expensive place to live as it is such a nice area, however students often live together and rent, so this helps to cut down prices. As Epsom is a central location, it is easy to live a little further a field and find somewhere a little cheaper.

As the students lived quite central to Head Office (Epsom) we either went out in Epsom or Sutton. Sometimes after pay day if we were feeling particularly adventurous we would organise a night out in London.

There were several out of work opportunities to get involved with - sports teams and clubs, charity fund raisers and events.