R&D intern at Bloomberg

City of London Central London and City
Computer and Systems Engineering Computer Science Information Technology

Bloomberg is a Top Employer

8.3/10

Really enjoyed it, very nice people & interesting project

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Bloomberg

My project was discussed by others, and seemed like something they were grateful for me doing

Mentor was great, really knowledgable and nice, very helpful! The week-long training and the start was well done too.

I had a reasonable amount of stuff to do, sometimes I'd have to wait for people abroad to get into work until I could do something, but there's not really anything that can be done about that. Some of the processes to get approval for things took pretty long, but no major gripes.

I had good control over my own project, and was encouraged to do what I wanted with it, which was cool. My project wasn't really something that would have had a large impact if it failed though!

It was my first time working in a corporate environment so that was educational. Some of the technologies used were proprietary but I think that my coding was improved by looking at how 'real' software developers approach tasks.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Bloomberg

I found it pretty light-hearted, breaks in the pantry were fun and everyone I came into contact with was kind!

Training was well organised, as were the various sessions and trips we got to do. The project idea was well planned, with suitable extensions etc.

Training was good, we saw the entire pipeline involved in making a function. My mentor and people in the team were really helpful, any time I had a problem I got helped.

Look forward to going back

In R&D we had regular breaks and went to lunch together, outside of that there were various parties etc to go to

Not that cheap as it's central London, but you get paid accordingly...

Didn't really go out but plenty of bars and clubs etc

We got to do volunteering, had extra sessions on finance and could attend talks, all of which were good.