Enterprise Risk Services: Controls Assurance (12 Month Industrial Placement Student) at Deloitte

Manchester North West
Auditing/Tax

Deloitte  is a Top Employer

9.3/10

9.4

Interviewing clients to inquire about existing systems and processes, documenting findings and insights in risk reports, sending draft risk reports to managers, reporting findings and recommendations back to client.

Worked on a wide variety of clients both in public and private sector, traveled to some fantastic locations and met interesting people.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at Deloitte

In the Manchester office where I was based, the team is close knit and has monthly socials. Felt like I was part of the family and was trusted by fellow colleagues.

I was assigned a buddy, who regularly met up with me to discuss anything from issues at work to personal life. Managers were very happy to help also. However, there is a strong level of independence expected from employees to be proactive.

Work is seasonal, in my team some days were very busy, others were not as busy.

I was given a lot of responsibility during my placement including traveling to client sites in another city by myself and interviewing client IT managers and directors on their systems and existing processes, then reporting my findings back to my field manager.

I have gained invaluable skills for my degree and career. Deloitte provided a lot of training as well as on the job learning much of which have helped me to understood computer systems better which helps with my degree course which is Computer Science.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at Deloitte

Very friendly, always something fun going on and a good canteen to go to whenever there's no work to do.

The Internship was very organised and managed well. There was a mid placement catch up call with a member of the graduate recruitment team which was a good time for me to express what I did or did not like about the placement.

Deloitte invested very heavily in personal training and development. I spent the first 5 weeks in training and work shadowing before starting the actual job. After I started the actual job I attended numerous skill days, some of which were optional.

I have been given a conditional offer to come back which I plan to do upon completion of my degree!

Excellent social scene, regular socials where meals are paid for and regular Friday night drinks :)

Cost of living was excellent in Manchester, managed to get a room in a room share for £250 a month. Socialising is also much cheaper than London.

Nightlife was good, Manchester has a lot to offer as it is a vibrant city.

There are plenty of socials, groups and Deloitte networks including sports. So you can just take your pick really!!