Vacation Scheme Student at Allen & Overy

Liverpool Street Central London and City
Legal/Law

This review was written using a previous version of questions that were updated in 2013

Allen & Overy is a Top Employer

6.9/10

7.6

5.5

I was given similar work to that of a trainee solicitor.

The placement was well organised with a good variety of work and good networking events.

I felt that vacation scheme students were respected and staff generally took an interest.

I found supervisors very helpful and understanding.

I always had work to do and if I had a lot on, my supervisor would recognise this and not give me any more until I had time.

I was given responsibility to do research tasks but the work was always checked, which is what I would expect as a vacation scheme student.

I learnt a lot about working life as a solicitor and the skills that are needed for the job.

The general atmosphere was very friendly and supportive.

The vacation scheme was organised well with a good balance of different talks, workshops and tasks. It was good to spend some time in two departments.

We had IT training, not much else. However general experience of the day-to-day work was incredibly helpful.

I have been offered a job and I have accepted it.

The group was very sociable and people got on well and were generally like-minded.

The area was quite expensive, however it was very beneficial having the subsidized bar.

We did not get much experience of the nightlife.

There were opportunities to help out with pro bono work and to go to the gym.