1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was good, but didn't use a huge lot of my degree. A lot of people management required due to being a big OEM, and countless forms to be filled in.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Get past the banter and there was a lot of friendship. You are one of the team!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Good support from colleagues. Overall objectives where loose, but gave me the opportunity to make the job my own
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Very busy, but gave me the opportunity to perform. You go to work!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As much as a placement could take. You really make the job your own. If you have the skills then you'll get the responsibility. Direct contact with suppliers and running projects/meetings
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Mostly learning Nissan systems, not too transferable. But many key soft skills picked up
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
You have to be a good self motivator to succeed. Don't expect a theme part, but it's a healthy balance
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I think this is being improved; as Nissan where asking many questions on how to make the placement experience better. Unfortunately the induction time was lead poorly, and key soft skills where not taught.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
You don't get assigned a mentor, which would raise my review. Nissan invest more into the Graduate scheme. But they did open all courses to you, for example CAD software
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
In the right team, it'll be great! They are also growing well at present.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Pubs, bowling, Lemans. You get in what you put out
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
More than up North, but not bad compared to London
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Everything is a bit spread out in MK.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?