This role carries much greater responsibility and is a lot more
dependant as I am the only person whom deals with group, society, corporate and charity
golf for Teeofftimes. The role requires me to deal with a client from the point of enquiry
through to the point of booking. Because it is all off-line sales, it requires me to instantly
build relationships with clients at the point of enquiry, use my golfing knowledge and
experience to propose suitable quotations and relies on sales techniques, organisation and
sound communication skills in the conversion process.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone was very nice and Golfbreaks provided very social environment.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Everyon was very approachable and offered assistance in anyway they could.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Provided a consistent level of work throughout the year despite the seasonality of the business. They did this through providing 'projects' to help improve the business throughout the winter months.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was promoted to Society Sales Manager within the first 2 months of working at Teeofftimes and the level of responsibility that came with was equal to that of alot of the full-time sales team/if not more.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Golfbreaks provided me with key skills that i believe will dramatically increase my employability
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Good social atmosphere and a young vibrant company.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There was a great focus on personal development.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Got offered a job
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Alot of going out and social opportunities.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Poor + expensive - made the most of it though...
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?