- Effectively run all day-to-day aspect of the administrative and support service activities related to the training and development of the Toyota and Lexus network in the United Kingdom
- Met demanding deadlines and used extensive IT skills for the preparation of monthly A3 and Quarterly reports as well as any additional reports required by the Sales and After Sales Managers
- Processed and kept track of large number of invoices and invoice appeals
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I had a fantastic placement year working for Toyota (GB) Plc and I wouldn’t change a minute of my time there.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
It is the people I worked with, who made my time at TGB so valuable. Throughout the twelve months that I spent there, I have always felt as being a part of the A team!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I have always felt like I have the full support of my manager in every initiative that I have undertaken. As a student I had lots of questions and no matter how busy my manager was, she always managed to find the time to help me.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There were peak times when work overload was in place and times when there was no work to be done. This allowed me to balance my daily tasks with no pressure.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I think the reason I enjoyed my placement so much is because of the feeling that you are valuable part of the team and you have equal responsibilities.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My job at Toyota allowed me to develop so many important skills and most of all- it taught me that I should be more proactive and provided me with the opportunity to look at HR tools and methods from different, more practical perspective. It was a great experience.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was an excellent atmosphere to work in with great people around you.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
During my placement I spent a day with another department, I saw the manufacturing site and the popular Toyota Production System in practice, and I visited a couple of centres where cars are sold- I think the whole experience was brilliantly organised and we were exposed to almost every aspect of the business.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was allowed to attend every course that I found useful- this was great as it helped me improve a lot of my skills, like working on Microsoft Excel and Word, as well as my presentation skills, even my product knowledge.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Only placements students are considered for a Graduate Scheme at TGB
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Only placements students are considered for a Graduate Scheme at TGB, which means that the chances of getting a job with them after graduating are high.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Depending on where you live, the cost can vary.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
London was only 30 minutes drive
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
We were encouraged to get involved in activities outside work, like sports or quiz nights.