Audit Assistant at BDO

Southampton South East

BDO is a Top Employer

8.2/10

Working as an interns for an accountancy firm meant that no two days were the same. I spent six weeks with BDO Stoy Hayward and in that time I visited three clients and two differenct business streams.
Overall our duties involved a mixture of actual audit work, preperation for the two projects me and my fellow intern had to complete throughout the six weeks, and various administrative tasks.

A really enjoyable experience due to such friendly staff.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at BDO

Although some work was rather simple, they were very appreciative of our help.

Although this was not set out formally, they were very approachable and could not have done to help if asked for.

There was plenty to do everyday, for the six weeks I was working, but never did they expect me to work overtime.

Due the complex nature of accountancy, I could not be given too much responsibility, however we were given a suitable amount.

It is helped put my theoretical knowledge of accounting into practise any shown what it is really like in day to day life.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at BDO

The atmosphere was very positive all too happy to help me out.

Very well structured with an initial training week in the head office in London and an iternary of work for the following five weeks after.

Paid for us to stay in London for a total of seven nights and encouraged us to attend client meetings and audits at the companies expense.

They are very appealing and would ease any job application with them, should I choose to pursue that option.

Weekly football on monday nights and socail drinks every three months. They also have an annual UK wide football tournament which is well attended.

More expensive then the North of England

great nightlife but can be expensive if you don't choose your nights carefully.

There are loads of opportunities. As i mentioned, there was football on every monday night and a golf day.