Audit Intern at BDO

9.2/10

9.4

Onsite: Basic Audit Work and helping wherever possible

In Office: Casting, Accounting Checklists, Basic Audit Work, Filing, etc

It was really good, the people that I worked with couldn't have made it any more enjoyable. The highlight would have to be playing in the football tournament between all the BDO offices in the country, it was a really good weekend, and got to know everyone outside of work.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at BDO

The people culture at BDO is brilliant. The mix between working and having fun is amazing.

You are assigned a buddy and counselling manager to help you through the internship experience, and both of these were brilliant at helping me when I didn't know what I was doing.

I went out on site twice for a few days at a time during the 6 weeks, so I was obviously really busy then, however on days when I was in the office, I would sometimes have to do other tasks such as filing, but only occasionally.

Your work is reviewed by a manager, but it's not like they're looking over your shoulder the whole time, they leave you to get on with it and then give you feedback afterwards to help you develop.

As my degree is accounting and finance the skills link quite well, however I would say that aspects such as working 9-5 everyday, acting professionally, gaining commercial awareness, etc are far more important aspects to take away from the experience.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at BDO

Everyone has fun whilst they work, and its all open plan offices which is nice.

The first week was spent in London doing some training with all the other interns, which was nice as you get to know everyone. They paid for travel and evening meals too, so that was awesome. Then we spent the next 5 weeks in our office, and the final 2 days doing a CSR activity and a presentation in London. Overall, great organisation and the HR people are all really helpful and friendly too!

We spent the first week in London training, and also you get given constant feedback.

Given the economic downturn, all companies are cutting back, however BDO are continuing to employ graduates, and the progression throughout the company is good.

During the first week whilst we were all together in London we went out for dinner everynight, and everyone that was hired seemed friendly.

It's expensive in Reading, however I live here anyway so I'm used to it. You can get a pint for about £2.50-£3.

Reading has loads of bars and restaurants, and 3 or 4 decent clubs, so it's quite good.

There was the national football tournament and they play football and cricket in local leagues weekly too. There are also other non-sporting events such as charity events etc. There's loads to do!