Investment Management Intern at BDO

Banking/Finance

BDO is a Top Employer

8.2/10

8.6

I was on a rotation through the different areas of BDO Stoy Hayward Investment Management, day to day activities varied depending on which business stream I was involved with. This included the asset management, private wealth management, compliance and actuarial departments.

I also had to produce several presentations during the course of the internship.

The experience was very good, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with BDOSHIM and am sure it will add weight to my CV.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at BDO

Everyone that I worked with was extremely appreciative of my help (even though they were taking time out to explain things to me).

Support and guidance by management was exceptional, I had daily conversations with very senior members of staff who were happy to have me help out with their work load. The office has a very open plan feel where everybody is approachable.

I could have coped with more work, but I was never empty handed for long.

During a six week internship it is difficult to really take much responsibility. I'm sure as a graduate the firm would encourage people to take personal responsibility.

I was however accountable for the work I did, especially with the compliance team - so to a certain extent there was responsibility during the placement.

I was exposed to a wide range of skills all of which will help me later in life in some capacity.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at BDO

Everyone in the office was really friendly and really hard working - it was a perfect balance between the two. There was also daily free fruit and office drinks every month that really boosted the atmosphere.

You are responsible for organising what you do on your placement, and some people won't be cut out for this - senior staff are happy to have meetings and give you work, but you will have to go and speak to them to find out.

I attended several presentations about different aspects of the business world, and lots of people took time out of their daily work to teach me new things.

I would certainly consider a career at this firm.

We were a pretty social bunch of interns!

London is expensive - depending where you go, but the graduate recruitment team direct you to decent places that aren't going to break the bank.

The office is based in the West end of London.

The office run several sports teams but six weeks is not long enough to really get stuck in to any.