Product Assistant at Golfbreaks.com

Windsor Greater London
Customer Service E-Business Marketing Sport/Sports Management Travel and Tourism

8.3/10

Assist Product Management Team
Competitor Analysis
Weekly Reporting
Point of contact for Sales Team
Point of contact for External Partners
Pricing

I thoroughly enjoyed my year at Golfbreaks.com and I particularly liked the working environment and the people involved in Golfbreaks.com at all levels.

I was immediately made to feel very welcome by colleagues in my department and others around the office. I found it very easy to build working and social relationships with a number of people, which I believe is a very important aspect to a placement.

I received excellent management, which allowed me to feel comfortable in undertaking all aspects of my role. The support I was given allowed me to develop not only professionally but personally too.

The role I undertook at Golfbreaks.com was very varied but I would say that I had a good balance of work undertaking my everyday tasks. However, as I am sure with most jobs there are peaks and troughs in terms of how busy you are.

I believe I was given an ideal amount responsibility as I had to complete tasks that other members of the company were reliant on and had input at a fairly high level but as I would expect from all placements you are far from running the show.

As mentioned earlier I can safely say that some of the skills I developed over the year at Golfbreaks.com are crucial for working in later years, some of which include; time management, independence and attention to detail.

The atmosphere in the office was superb as everyone was willing to help me personally. I also enjoyed the results driven aspect of the organisation and the positive work ethic and attitude shown by everyone. In addition to this I had a lot of fun at and outside of work.

Golfbreaks.com have placements every year and everyone in the organisation understands the importance of making students welcome. The process itself was very good and extremely well organised.

I cannot imagine that my role allowed much scope for external training courses and therefore I didn't experience any. Although, in terms of the time I got to spend with management it was second to none. I was also provided opportunities to work in a variety of teams and situations.

On leaving Golfbreaks.com I was offered a full time position upon graduation.

As there are a fair number of fellow placements and the social side of things at Golfbreaks.com is very positive.

The living costs in Windsor are relatively high but the area is extremely nice and pretty close to London. Also, there are plenty of ways around this as there are a number of neighbouring areas that are very good value.

The Night-life itself is not equivalent to a university town/city but the social scene within Golfbreaks.com is very good that it is not a massive issue.

There were opportunities to play football and golf outside of working hours and a lot of the staff are extremely engaged in sports and other leisure activities.