Assist Product Management Team
Point of contact for Sales Team
Point of contact for External Partners
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my year at Golfbreaks.com and I particularly liked the working environment and the people involved in Golfbreaks.com at all levels.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was immediately made to feel very welcome by colleagues in my department and others around the office. I found it very easy to build working and social relationships with a number of people, which I believe is a very important aspect to a placement.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I received excellent management, which allowed me to feel comfortable in undertaking all aspects of my role. The support I was given allowed me to develop not only professionally but personally too.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The role I undertook at Golfbreaks.com was very varied but I would say that I had a good balance of work undertaking my everyday tasks. However, as I am sure with most jobs there are peaks and troughs in terms of how busy you are.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I believe I was given an ideal amount responsibility as I had to complete tasks that other members of the company were reliant on and had input at a fairly high level but as I would expect from all placements you are far from running the show.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
As mentioned earlier I can safely say that some of the skills I developed over the year at Golfbreaks.com are crucial for working in later years, some of which include; time management, independence and attention to detail.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office was superb as everyone was willing to help me personally. I also enjoyed the results driven aspect of the organisation and the positive work ethic and attitude shown by everyone. In addition to this I had a lot of fun at and outside of work.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Golfbreaks.com have placements every year and everyone in the organisation understands the importance of making students welcome. The process itself was very good and extremely well organised.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I cannot imagine that my role allowed much scope for external training courses and therefore I didn't experience any. Although, in terms of the time I got to spend with management it was second to none. I was also provided opportunities to work in a variety of teams and situations.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
On leaving Golfbreaks.com I was offered a full time position upon graduation.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
As there are a fair number of fellow placements and the social side of things at Golfbreaks.com is very positive.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The living costs in Windsor are relatively high but the area is extremely nice and pretty close to London. Also, there are plenty of ways around this as there are a number of neighbouring areas that are very good value.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The Night-life itself is not equivalent to a university town/city but the social scene within Golfbreaks.com is very good that it is not a massive issue.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were opportunities to play football and golf outside of working hours and a lot of the staff are extremely engaged in sports and other leisure activities.