Promotional material creation
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The job was great as i had an interest in the industry and getting to see how it worked was interesting personally
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was often invited into meetings with higher level staff to get to see how the business functioned on a level above my role
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
my manager was great and offered support with my work and any issues that arose whilst completing tasks
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
my role was made up of only a few tasks this led to inconsistent work loads, sometimes I had a lot to complete in very little time and at other times there was little to nothing to do
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I had a large amount of control over important business functions however I was monitored by my manager as you would expect, to make sure I carried out my responsibilities to an acceptable standard
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I am currently in my final year so cant comment on this to a great extent but I feel it helps me contextualise my final year work in a more useful way
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was generally always positive despite stressful times, most people remained in a positive mood
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
From beginning to end it was setup and run well, there was a clear role, support and structure provided to allow me to carry out my role effectively
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Though I received no formal training on the job I feel that offering the opportunity to work at the company is a large investment in any placement student accepted due to the responsibilities and opportunities offered
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
All placement students are invited to apply for graduate roles but there is never certainty of a job after degree completion due to the scale of the company and number of applicants
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was a fair few social event opportunities though I personally attended very few, they were on offer for those interested
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Cant comment as i lived at home for placement
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I lived at home and commuted to placement so cant comment
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
As stated earlier there was a social committee which offered events and socials to all employees on a regular basis