Multilingual Project Coordinator at Bloomberg

Customer Service Languages Logistics and Operations

Bloomberg is a Top Employer

8.1/10

- Responsible for integrating the Bloomberg Professional service into client networks
- Coordinating and managing resources to meet project deadlines
- Multitasking with a high volume of simultaneous projects
- Holding technical discussions with customers on hardware and software, resolving any issues or queries
- Coordinating Field Service Engineers to ensure they get to client sites

The internship as a whole was a fantastic experience and I definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to apply any languages they know to the working world.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at Bloomberg

We were immediately welcomed into the company and integrated quickly into the department. A very enjoyable place to work.

The training was thorough and well planned, as it covered all the major aspects of the Installations department and the daily responsibilities. Extra language training was always available and your mentors always had time to come over and help you if you were stuck.

Apart from the final couple of weeks we were kept busy with all the orders we had to complete, but not too busy that we didn't enjoy it. The reason why the final two weeks were slower, though, was because most of the orders normally take longer than a week/2 weeks to complete, and therefore there was not much point in giving us new orders, only for them to be assigned again after we left.

Once I had received the necessary training I started dealing straightaway with the day to day tasks that a typical Installations employee would undertake, and over the 10 weeks I built up and managed a international client base

One of the key aspects of this internship was the possibility of using my languages in the job on a day to day basis, which is fantastic for Modern Languages students as it allows you apply what you have learnt in the classroom in a real world environment. Apart from that, daily interaction clients from all over the world gives you the skills and confidence ready for you enter the real world.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at Bloomberg

The office atmosphere was great, Bloomberg has a unique office layout where your bosses sit with you, rather than in their own offices, which helps to make the work environment very open and friendly.

The whole internship scheme was fantastic, as it got us involved in the major aspects of the job whilst also organising events for us and also providing us with opportunities to get involved with projects outside the office.

The company put a lot of effort into training and development, such as providing languages support and extra training where necessary

The company is a fantastic place to work and it would be great to back to after university.

The other interns were great fun to be around, and especially as the internship was based in London, there were always opportunities to get to know not just the other interns on your floor, but also ones from the rest of the departments.

The placement was in London, so it was generally fairly expensive.

Again, as it was in London, there was always something going on in London so you were never stuck for ideas as to what to do.

There were plenty of opportunities to get involved in projects outside of the working environment, such as helping charities, going on trips and much more. There are many more opportunties available to full time employees, too.