This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant.

• The Role
    4.2
  • The Company
    4.0
  • The Culture
    3.8

This role involved carrying out effective market research, organising and managing the intranet system, assisting with the execution and evaluation of marketing campaigns, communicating product and competitor information, assisting with the organisation of events and tradeshows and updating product literature. I was also the primary contact for business support and coordinating technical documents for managers and other employees.

• 1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
  • I really enjoyed my placement with Lubrizol, I would recommend it to any student looking for a placement.

• 2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
  • I felt valued by all employees and was always included and provided with feedback.

• 3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
  • My supervisor did give me quite a lot of support but they do encourage you to work as an individual and to use your initiative.

• 4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
  • Some days were busier than other but everyone always had work for you to do.

• 5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
  • I was given quite a lot of responsibility, more so as the year progressed as I was responsible for presentations, carrying out research etc

• 6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
  • I felt that my skills developed hugely over the last 12 months and really think this will help with with my final year at Uni and gaining a job when I graduate

• 7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
  • I had a huge amount of fun on my placement as the employees are great!

• 8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
  • The placement went very well and was organised sufficiently.

• 9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
  • They invested a lot of time in teaching me new skills and how to develop as a person.

• 10. What were the perks on your work placement?

Subsidised Canteen

Sports and Social Club

International Travel

Company Parties/Events

• 11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
  • I would jump at the chance of working at Lubrizol again!

• 12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
  • Yes as a lot of the students live together in a house and go out socially. There are also parties organised throughout the year between departments inlcuding a summer bbq and christmas party.

• 13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
  • I stayed at home so I couldnt really comment.

• 14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
  • Again, I stayed at home so I didn't really see the nightlife in Derby, but I heard it was great.

• 15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
  • Not particularly.