Internal Communications, I had an overall job to communicate comms across the whole organisation from across the whole organisation. Being part of the CEO comms team I also got involved with strategy days and top 100 calls.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Completely different to anything ive ever done before, was given so much support and plenty of opportunities
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was made to feel that my work really counted and that I was supporting the team
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My managers could not help me enough they gave me opportunities to try all tasks and were only ever at the end of the phone should i need a hand
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
My managers did a great job of keeping me busy :-)
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The tasks I was given often allowed me to see my work sent to the rest of the organisation or used at a meeting, even from the beggining, this was made possible by all the support I was given from my team.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
never a Dull moment in comms
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
very well i started at short notice, but IT still managed to get me a laptop in a week
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
offered all the support i needed
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I have really enjoyed my internship and I am hoping to return to join the Grad scheme
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Everyone was really friendly, being based in London there was plenty of grads, interns and placement students.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Its London!! Great place to go an socialise though
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?