1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I worked on something my colleagues directly benefited from and enjoyed.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was trained to the right extent, but also left to figure things out for myself when it was necessary. However, I never felt like I couldn't ask for help when I needed it.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days were very busy, but it was okay overall.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The work I did wasn't crucial to the team, but everybody appreciated and had wanted it from a while back. In terms of the work I did, it was highly ambitious and I was given nearly full control.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I did work on a scale I can't imagine many other companies entrusting an intern with. This has benefited me immensely.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office is great. The office building is fantastic. The people are great. Day-to-day work, though, was generally quite focused on work and my team and I rarely conversed about non-work matters during the day.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Training. Workshops. Talks by senior members of staff. Courses on 'Bloomberg University'. Volunteering. Everything was covered. The HR team are wizards.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Waiting to hear back.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Lots of interns to be friends with and we did hang out often. The pantry/kitchen is a great place for a break.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Pretty expensive, but it's London so what'd you expect?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The area itself is not so great for going out anywhere that isn't a pub. However, central London is only a tube ride away.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Courses to take part in and volunteering projects on BBOB. However, interns weren't allowed to join events on BHOT for some reason :( We would get emails about specially arranged events and wouldn't be allowed to sign up.