Financial Software Developer at Bloomberg

Bloomberg is a Top Employer

7.9/10

Fantastic internship!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 8 roles at Bloomberg

I worked on something my colleagues directly benefited from and enjoyed.

I was trained to the right extent, but also left to figure things out for myself when it was necessary. However, I never felt like I couldn't ask for help when I needed it.

Some days were very busy, but it was okay overall.

The work I did wasn't crucial to the team, but everybody appreciated and had wanted it from a while back. In terms of the work I did, it was highly ambitious and I was given nearly full control.

I did work on a scale I can't imagine many other companies entrusting an intern with. This has benefited me immensely.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 8 roles at Bloomberg

The office is great. The office building is fantastic. The people are great. Day-to-day work, though, was generally quite focused on work and my team and I rarely conversed about non-work matters during the day.

Perfect.

Training. Workshops. Talks by senior members of staff. Courses on 'Bloomberg University'. Volunteering. Everything was covered. The HR team are wizards.

Waiting to hear back.

Lots of interns to be friends with and we did hang out often. The pantry/kitchen is a great place for a break.

Pretty expensive, but it's London so what'd you expect?

The area itself is not so great for going out anywhere that isn't a pub. However, central London is only a tube ride away.

Courses to take part in and volunteering projects on BBOB. However, interns weren't allowed to join events on BHOT for some reason :( We would get emails about specially arranged events and wouldn't be allowed to sign up.