Analyst - Consulting at Deloitte

Accountancy Auditing/Tax Management Consultancy

Deloitte  is a Top Employer

7.7/10

Formatting and editting work for the team, proofing, partaking in ideas sessions, research and general support of the team.

I enjoyed it a lot - I was on a client site for the majority of my time here, which was a great insight into how another company operates and what it's like to work there.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 13 roles at Deloitte

Everyone I met was friendly, open and willing to have a chat. I felt able to approach anyone and didn't feel sidelined.

My team was very small (three people) and very busy, so it was up to me to raise any issues if I wanted further guidance. However, when I did, they were receptive to it and quick to offer solutions.

It varied a lot; some days there wasn't much to do, in which case I concentrated on other work or organised other things to do - I was given responsibility to lay out what I did with my time, which I enjoyed the freedom of, although sometimes I would have appreciated having more work to do.

More responsibility towards the end, once they knew what I could do, but I think the sorts of tasks I was doing were quite similar to those of someone starting in a graduate role.

Completed the Analyst training in Powerpoint and Excel, as well as developed skills for interacting with people in a business situation.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 13 roles at Deloitte

I was on a client site the entire time, so the mood there was understandably rather different than at the Deloitte main office! In the Deloitte office, people chat a lot more and are generally more relaxed (especially with regards to dress code), but where I was, it was all suited, booted and serious.

There were a lot of social events and training sessions organised for us during the placement; I felt really treated and looked after, and we were always given plenty of notice for when these would be happening.

A lot - they definitely put in the time to train me, include me in an exciting project and expose me to some very interesting, smart people.

I should have my final interview in a few weeks time - hopefully it'll be fine!

A really fantastic, like-minded group of people.

Central London, so it's going to be quite expensive, but a Social Committee of interns was set up, and they were given a budget to organise events for us.

Again, central London...!

If the interns weren't organising something to do after work, then quite often my team would be or there would be events at the Deloitte office (seminars etc.) that I could attend.