This will depend on the team you are placed in. My team was assigned a new project and the intern's role was to support every member of the team. This meant you will be assigned work by different members, giving you a wide range of activities and exposure to different elements of the business. I made calculations, wrote reports, organised meetings and created flow diagrams, some of which are sent to external partners.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
There was a real sense of teamwork and team support.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
An open office meant your managers would be sitting opposite you, creating an open and friendly office environment where you can feel comfortable to ask them questions etc.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There were very quiet times, and very hectic times - you'll need to be able to adapt very quickly to the changing workloads.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The job puts you in situations where you have to develop IT skills, or else the work will simple take too long to complete. It brilliantly trains your initiative and thinking, as well as self-learning. These skills are definitely useful in whatever you do.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Friendly and open atmosphere, no one felt like a stranger here.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was well organised. I was assigned a buddy who contacted me prior the internship and welcomed me to the company.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We had an Intern Induction day which covered communications - this was very useful and insightful.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
People were outgoing and great.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
This is in London - the costs will be high and that is unavoidable.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Again, this is London - there is plenty to do in the capital.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?