Corporate Finance Associate at Deloitte

Banking/Finance Business Intelligence

Deloitte  is a Top Employer

8.0/10

Main tasks included Business Development and research into potential clients; associate level work on transactions including helping to compile parts of the client reports and data manipulation

The work was interesting, and it was enjoyable working with the colleagues that I met.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 13 roles at Deloitte

The department was very welcoming, and people within the department were aware of my presence and willing to help.

Various people from various service lines all the way from Associate to Partner were very helpful towards me throughout the whole of my placement.

Work was slow to begin with, but as I became more confident to go and ask people if they had things to do it became busier, before I managed to work on a transaction towards the end.

The jobs that I was given were always relevant, whether it was transaction work or helping to help research for client pitches

Communication skills were important and therefore mine improved. The ability to review and analyse data, before then summarising it were also key, and this will definitely help with university work.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 13 roles at Deloitte

My other colleagues were happy to be working there. There was also a good social side to the department, not only when eating together at lunch, but often in the evenings after work.

Integration into the department was swift and easy, and the graduate recruitment team were always happy to help with any queries.

Courses were available to go on, and there were e-learning exercises to help with personal development.

I will be joining in September 2013, pending my degree result.

The department as a whole was very friendly. People of varying levels would happily have lunch together, whilst there was a good social scene with the department and the other placement students on some of the evening.s

Food and drink prices in the City were typically expensive. Commuting by train at peak times from Kent was very expensive.

Cocktail and winebars mainly near to the office, but the rest of London is easy to get to

There were good opportunities to play sport and do some charity running