6.2/10

• The Role
  • Organisation
  • Socialising
    5.5

Facilitate engine tear down and review. Raise corrective actions and track to completion.

2. I always enjoyed working here, easily the best job I've had to date.

4. Lots of friendly banter with technicians and other engineers. Didn't feel I provided much as an engineer though, opportunities were few and far between.

6. Support was always available if needed.

8. Plenty of work to do but not overwhelming.

9. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
  10. Various responsibilities.

12. I learnt a lot on the Quality side of Engineering but would have preferred a broader range of work, including design and more projects.

14. The environment was great which made the placement a lot better. Lots of chit chat in the office.

15. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
  16. Generic training was very well organised, for example training on self development, presentation skills, health and safety. However there was no training given to Quality tools that I would have to use, I had to learn these as I did it. This resulted in a lot of stupid mistakes.

18. Again, a lot of investment when it comes to generic skills that are relevent to all roles. However I felt that as an engineer there was not much investment put my way.

20. Flexi Time

Subsidised Canteen

Sports and Social Club

Subsidised/Company Gym

21. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
  22. I don't see Cummins as a place I want to be. I think that the work I do would be so diluted by such a large workforce that I would find it difficult to take pride in achievements.

24. I didn't fit in with the majority of students, lots of people commuted and rarely came for nights out in Darlington.

25. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
  26. Darlington is quite a cheap place to live.

28. No student population in Darlington, the majority of people going out were 40+!

30. Lots of charity/voluntary work to get involved in that Cummins would help to organise and provide transport to and from.

Placement (5-9 Months)