7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The environment was great which made the placement a lot better. Lots of chit chat in the office.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Generic training was very well organised, for example training on self development, presentation skills, health and safety. However there was no training given to Quality tools that I would have to use, I had to learn these as I did it. This resulted in a lot of stupid mistakes.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Again, a lot of investment when it comes to generic skills that are relevent to all roles. However I felt that as an engineer there was not much investment put my way.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I don't see Cummins as a place I want to be. I think that the work I do would be so diluted by such a large workforce that I would find it difficult to take pride in achievements.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I didn't fit in with the majority of students, lots of people commuted and rarely came for nights out in Darlington.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Darlington is quite a cheap place to live.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
No student population in Darlington, the majority of people going out were 40+!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Lots of charity/voluntary work to get involved in that Cummins would help to organise and provide transport to and from.
Imagine yourself working at Cummins
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Cummins