-Raising orders onto the electronic system.
-Communicating with and maintaining relationships with suppliers.
-Managing your department's critical path to follow the garment through sample sign off and the shoot process.
-Following competitor activity and reporting this to the buyers.
-Analysing sales figures and presenting the findings to other members of the team.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I had an amazing experience at ASOS, where i learnt valuable new skills and made great new friends.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
From the first day i was treated as a valued member of the team and they always supported me to get the best experience from my placement.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager always supported me, offering advice and guidance throughout my placement, also sharing her own experiences which gave me a greater understanding of the industry as a whole. Regular performance reviews gave me the opportunity to get feedback from my manager about my performance, and suggest new responsibilities which i would like to take on.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The workload was balanced, with management supporting the team during busy periods by hiring extra staff. There was always things to do during my placement which made me feel valued.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was surprised at how much responsibility i was given during my placement, as i was treated like any other member of the team. This gave me an amazing opportunity to develop my skills and gain confidence.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My placement at ASOS was an amazing experience and the training that i received will help me greatly in my final year at university and my future career. Regular workshops gave me the opportunity to meet people from other departments around the business which gave me an insight into other jobs in fashion, which helped provide a greater understanding of the industry as a whole.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was exciting and friendly with everyone offering assistance and support.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship program was excellent with the HR team supporting us every step of the way. We had regular meetings to help develop our skills and offer guidance.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There were constant opportunities for personal development such as training sessions helping with confidence and presentation skills. There were also monthly meetings to voice any concerns to senior members of the ASOS team, where we also were given the opportunity to suggest any new training sessions which we would like to be made available to us.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would love an opportunity to work with ASOS upon completion of my degree. The HR team have kept in contact to provide information of any vacancies within the company.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was a free bar each month which gave me the chance to meet members of other departments. My team also had regular lunches and nights out which helped me to form close friendships.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Central London is fairly expensive to live, however i lived just outside of the center and traveled in on a student travel card which kept living costs down.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife around Camden is great, with lots of nightclubs, bars and restaurants.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were various exercise classes and clubs which were organised by members of staff.