BUYERS ADMIN ASSISTANT at ASOS

camden Greater London
Business Management Fashion Manufacturing Textiles

8.2/10

monitoring the buying cycle, ensuring the critical path is kept up to date, sample are fitted and approved. Deliveries are made into the business on time and suppliers are supplying ASOS with acceptable products. liaising with suppliers on a day to day basis is a must and building a good relationship with them is crucial.

The placement taught me SO much about the industry and everyone at ASOS is friendly. i enjoyed my placement so much and want to go back there when i graduate.

I have never experienced such amazing team work. I felt like family, we all got the job done, helped each other out, understood each other and socialised with each other. My colleagues helped me enjoy me placement even more.

My manager supported me every step of the way throughout my placement. If i didnt understand something or was struggling i never hesitated to approach my boss as she was so friendly and understanding. the support was fantastic. No one judges anyone.

On a daily basis the job role was busy however i would prefer it to be busy then have nothing to do at all. i felt like my work load increased because my team trusted me therefore the workload was an honor if anything. every job is busy if its not there must be something wrong.

i was given plenty of responsibility throughout my placement. i didnt have to report to my boss all the time as she trusted me. my opinion was valued and having such big responsibility was an honour.

organisation, time management and social skills are just a few skills ASOS helped me develop and learn for my future. All in all it will help me with my degree alongside future career prospects.

Everyone is friendly at ASOS so the atmosphere was always buzzing however sometimes it could become stressful when deadlines was approaching but everyone was in the same position therefore we all understood.

HR helped ensure the placement was organised and seamless.

My team taught me vast amounts within the industry to help me develop further to the next role for when/if i return or go back into the industry. Support of learning the systems, understanding documents and the buying cycle are just a few things ASOS helped me develop and invested time in me to teach me.

ASOS train you up to keep you on as they have said from the start. They don't want to loose you so hopefully when i graduate there will be a job role available for me.

yes every friday ASOS employees get together and throughout the week colleagues socialise.

London is an expensive city therefore costs were high so socialising was kept to a tight budget.

amazing. great location, great pubs near to socialise in after work with the fellow ASOS employees.

yes there was but i do believe there could have been more for ASOS employees to get involved.