monitoring the buying cycle, ensuring the critical path is kept up to date, sample are fitted and approved. Deliveries are made into the business on time and suppliers are supplying ASOS with acceptable products. liaising with suppliers on a day to day basis is a must and building a good relationship with them is crucial.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The placement taught me SO much about the industry and everyone at ASOS is friendly. i enjoyed my placement so much and want to go back there when i graduate.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I have never experienced such amazing team work. I felt like family, we all got the job done, helped each other out, understood each other and socialised with each other. My colleagues helped me enjoy me placement even more.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager supported me every step of the way throughout my placement. If i didnt understand something or was struggling i never hesitated to approach my boss as she was so friendly and understanding. the support was fantastic. No one judges anyone.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
On a daily basis the job role was busy however i would prefer it to be busy then have nothing to do at all. i felt like my work load increased because my team trusted me therefore the workload was an honor if anything. every job is busy if its not there must be something wrong.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
i was given plenty of responsibility throughout my placement. i didnt have to report to my boss all the time as she trusted me. my opinion was valued and having such big responsibility was an honour.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
organisation, time management and social skills are just a few skills ASOS helped me develop and learn for my future. All in all it will help me with my degree alongside future career prospects.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone is friendly at ASOS so the atmosphere was always buzzing however sometimes it could become stressful when deadlines was approaching but everyone was in the same position therefore we all understood.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
HR helped ensure the placement was organised and seamless.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
My team taught me vast amounts within the industry to help me develop further to the next role for when/if i return or go back into the industry. Support of learning the systems, understanding documents and the buying cycle are just a few things ASOS helped me develop and invested time in me to teach me.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
ASOS train you up to keep you on as they have said from the start. They don't want to loose you so hopefully when i graduate there will be a job role available for me.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
yes every friday ASOS employees get together and throughout the week colleagues socialise.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is an expensive city therefore costs were high so socialising was kept to a tight budget.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
amazing. great location, great pubs near to socialise in after work with the fellow ASOS employees.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
yes there was but i do believe there could have been more for ASOS employees to get involved.