1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was like working in a dream world! It is a lot of hard work and you have to be prepared to put in the hard work and stay late some nights, but it's so much fun that it's not hard to do!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
They became like my family!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
All of the directors who worked in the general vicinity were great at supporting me throughout my placement, and still continue to do so now, with one even helping me source work experience after leaving!
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Very much depends on what projects are on going at any one time - sometimes it could be completely dead, others you may not have time to breathe!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Obviously as an intern there is only so much you can do, however I found that the more I proved I was capable, the more responsibility I was given.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I haven't gone back to final year yet so can't say!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very fun and friendly, although with a very strong work ethic.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Everything I could possibly have needed was right in front of me.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I got given training courses, one on one mentoring, and most importantly, I got given the responsibility to manage my own time, projects, whilst working as part of the team - experience which has secured me a job offer with another company when I graduate!
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would love to go back, and it will definately be the first place I apply once I graduate - only problem is that they do not run a grad scheme, so it is very dependent on head count.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I lived with 4 of the other interns, and even those who lived outside London still made the effort and we used to go out as a group at least once a fortnight.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is expensive, make no mistake about it - You need to plan your money carefully to live a decent life!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There is so much going on that you really can take your pick depending on your tastes.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?