Operational Risk and Compliance Management at Accenture

London Europe
Banking - Commercial Banking - Investment Banking - Retail Banking/Finance Management Consultancy

Accenture is a Top Employer

8.4/10

The Operational Risk and Compliance Analyst provides a number of key functions including first point of contact for all risk and compliance activities between the operational support team and the client, providing administrative support to all compliance management activities in the Service Delivery unit and maintaining crucial client relations.
Key Responsibilities:

 The co-ordination, drafting and presentation of formal risk documents
 Liaising with technical experts to gather and understand information regarding risk and compliance activities, providing the necessary help and support
 Gathering governance updates for existing risks and helping the client to maintain an accurate risk portfolio
 Ownership and co-ordination of administrative support with minimal supervision, acting as the first point of contact for administrative compliance activities
 Administer, monitor and co-ordinate management controls and other contractual obligations

The placement at Accenture is a fantastic opportunity for real life experience. I was treated as a normal member of the team as supposed to merely given "typical intern roles".

My colleagues treated me as a normal member of the team with no special priviliges or disadvantages.

I was given excellent support by both my manager, buddy and HR team.

I was always busy with very few lulls in my work. My usual working hours were 0800 - 1800.

I was given a great deal of responsibility and indeed ran my team whilst my manager was on holiday. This definitely does vary dependent on what project you are on.

All of the skills I have developed will certainly help, particularly the soft skills such as communication and rapport building. In particular my business writing skills greatly aided me in writing my dissertation.

The office has a very friendly atmosphere and it becomes clear very quickly that the majority of people are friendly and willing to offer assistance. As in all companies there are still some ogres and you simply have to avoid them as best you can.

The placement is organised excellently and I had no issues.

Other than a week's training at the start of my year, the only other formal training I was provided was time spent with my manager. There are a vast number of training guides on the Accenture intranet that are available to use.

Future employment prospects are very good and I would thoroughly recommend Accenture as a company to work for.

The Placemeant team organise monthly and sometimes fortnightly socials that are paid for by the company. There was a good vibe amongst all the interns and it was a very social atmosphere.

As my project was based in London, it was expensive - however this should not deter you as the healthy wage compensates for this.

There was an excellent nightlife feel with my team regularly going to the pub for team bonding.

There are any number of opportunities to get involved in Accenture outside of work such as charity days as well as over thirty different interest groups, such as religious interest groups or sport.