running reactions, attending meetings and giving presentations on the project. deciding on which compounds to produce next
Report this review
- To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Great job, turned out not to be for me however
- To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Given lots of responsibility and the impact of my work was clear
- To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Supervisor was incredibily helpful however also a very busy man!
- How busy were you on a daily basis?
Occasionally had too little work but always eventually found something to do
- How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Often encouraged to take on more work and to take a pro-active approach.
- To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Could not have asked for better. Well rounded development.
- What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Good atmosphere if slightly dominated by french
- How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Academic side very seamless however accommodation problems stop full marks!
- In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Development of not just academic knowledge but also of presentation skills etc.
- What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Healthcare from home
- How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Definitely have a foot in the door after this year.
- Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Not originally but we really developed it this year
- What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
- What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Too expensive to experience often!
- Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Great country and great people for work
- In addition to these questions, is there any extra information you would like to leave about your experiences on your work placement that other students may be interested in?