Designed processes and requirements for the Control Environment / Organisational Design and MI for a US tax law implementation. Managed activity trackers and milestones. Extensive interactions with the programme team and business stakeholders across divisions / Group Functions. Contributed to team discussion by communicating suggestions/concerns/ challenges clearly and persuasively. Used issue based problem solving to structure and analyse project specific issues, identified and made use of appropriate tools/sources available for analysis and research, demonstrating persistence and creativity in finding support materials.
Extensive use of PowerPoint to develop workshop material and deliver specific proposal material.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had three different roles, all with different management styles but overall where there was time all managers offered valued support
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
In one of my roles I was leading sessions with senior stakeholders in a major UK bank.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
We worked with a mix of other consultancies, which ensured a tense environment at times but generally hard working but rewarding atmosphere.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
HR set up lots of events and socials and a week's induction was very very helpful
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is very expensive to rent and in some cases I was working in out of town projects living in a hotel and payign rent in London
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?